The Hellenic Association of Computer Engineers (HACE) is the official representative of scientists and engineering professionals in Information and Communication Technologies in Greece. HACE is based in Athens (7 Filellinon Str, 10557), while a branch is residing in Patras. In Thessaloniki is the seat of the Association of Computer Engineers of Northern Greece.
Founded originally in 1987 as Hellenic Association of Engineering / Computer & Information Technology (HAECIT), as the first alumni of the Department of Informatics, Greece, Department of Engineering / Computers and Informatics, University of Patras. Gradually it has been evolved evolving into the expression entity of all Engineering and Computer Science engineers and professionals and was renamed in 2006 in Greek Association of Computer Engineers.
The main objective of HACE, is a valid representation of Computer Engineering at the scientific, professional and political level to promote the interests of the greek Computer Engineers and the promotion of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in Greece.
HACE's philosophy, is determined by the following principles:
1. Development of Information and Communication Technologies in Greece
2. Ensuring professional rights for Computer Engineers and Informatics professionals.
3. Information of Employment rights and meritocracy in the labor market.
4. Exchange of experience with international bodies
5. Debate and proposals for innovative actions in the field of ICT
6. Communication, contact and action by members of the Association
Consequence of these principles are the following objectives:
- Establishment of professional rights and legal framework for studies and IT projects.
- Representation of Computer Engineers to institutional bodies, bodies of the Greek state and the Technical Chamber of Greece in the Information Technology and Telecommunications, by scientists in their respective specialties.
- Enhance the role of Computer Engineering in the public sector and education in particular.
- Claiming pay and pension rights.
- Contact with other compounds active members, briefings, publication print, electronic information.
To promote the objectives, HACE organizes events, workshops, lectures on issues relating to Computer Engineering and conducts meetings and assistance to all entities related to ICT.